With respect to the post - Olympic use of installations which hosted the Olympic Games in 2004, the Greek Government legislated upon the post - Olympic uses of the whole of Faliron Bay, a regeneration project that was one of the most important Olympic Works.
TPA had undertaken the complete urban and architectural studies for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay including the coordination of all studies and the original design of the Sports Pavilion, site of the Hand Ball and Tae Kwon Do competitions.
Among other provisions in the legislation mentioned above, it is stipulated that the Sports Pavilion will be converted into a Metropolitan Conference Centre for Attica. Helexpo Greek Exhibitions S.A. assigned to JBR Hellas the study for the “Business plan for the conversion and exploitation of a Metropolitan Congress Centre of Attica”.
As part of this study, JBR Hellas subcontracted to TPA, the following items:
• the recording of international specifications regarding Conference Centers
• the formulation of three alternative designs for the operation and organisation of the building as a large Conference Center
• compiling a buidling program for each proposal
• compling a budget for each proposal
• compliling a timetable of studies, permits and conversion works.