Initially health services were provided in a two-storey building (3,300 m2) erected in 1959. A Wing was later added (1,000 m2) as well as other, smaller buildings to accommodate mechanical-electrical installations, incinerator, chapel, etc.
The extensions study was based on the designs drafted by Consulting Firm Thymio Papayannis and Associates Inc. involving construction works for the extension of one Wing, remodeling of a section of the existing hospital as well as renovation works.
The present proposal is made to improve and upgrade the operations of the entire hospital.
The Consulting Firm Thymio Papayannis and Associates Inc. was responsible for all of the tender designs (architectural, structural, electrical-mechanical installations), as well as the preparation of the tender documents.